You’re responsible for ensuring your home doesn’t become attractive to rodents. If you notice pests in your home, it is your responsibility to arrange treatment.
If you notice pests in communal areas, please report it through My Account.
If you are having an issue with pests or rodents, this could be down to the cleanliness of your home. In cases like this, we recommend you contact a professional pest controller. However, if there are pests in communal areas like the corridors outside your flat or the lift, please get in touch with us.
Like humans, rodents and other pests prefer to be warm and fed, especially during winter. Make your home unattractive to them by following these tips:
- Block entry points – this could include keeping doors closed as often as possible and patching up any holes or cavities. Don’t make any structural changes without first letting us know as this could break the terms of your lease. Check what you’re responsible for maintaining.
- Store food in air-tight containers or Tupperware, away from walls and at least 6 inches off the floor.
- Keep a tight lid on your bins, disposing of rubbish (especially food) carefully and regularly, and keeping outside bin areas clean and free of debris.
- Maintain a sanitary work environment by cleaning preparation areas immediately after use.
- Don’t bring any outside furniture indoors without first inspecting – this could attract ants, beetles and termites.
- Clear clutter indoors, like newspapers, and outdoors, like leaves and twigs, as regularly as you can – this can prevent pests from lurking and hiding.
- Fix any leaks and don’t let water accumulate anywhere for a long period of time.
- Check the attic, loft and garage regularly to ensure these areas are clean and free of unnecessary mess.