When you find the home you want to rent, there is a number of things you need to do:
- Make sure that you can afford it - you need to be able to prove that your income is at least 2.5 times the monthly rent
- Arrange and attend a viewing if you haven’t already done so
- Tell us you want to rent it
- Fill out the relevant application and referencing forms, and provide proof of your income
- Make the deposit and rent payments in advance to secure a move in date.
If you can't prove your income or you're renting for the first time in the UK, we might ask you to pay up to 6 months' rent in advance, or to get a guarantor.
Your guarantor needs to be a homeowner and a resident in England or Wales. They will have to provide proof of their income too.