No, as a landlord we don't insure your furniture and possessions. You need to arrange your own contents insurance.

It would be in your interest to consider how a home contents insurance policy would cover you if the unexpected happened to help you make an informed decision on whether you need one.

Contents insurance is designed to help protect your possessions. No matter how careful you are, there’s always a risk that your belongings could be broken, damaged or stolen. Home contents insurance can help provide peace of mind.

To help you decide whether home contents insurance is right for you, A2Dominion have teamed up with Thistle Tenant Risks and Allianz Insurance plc who provide the My Home Contents Insurance Scheme, a specialist in Tenants Contents Insurance policies.

The scheme can offer you insurance for the contents of your home including cover for items such as furniture, carpets, curtains, clothes, bedding, electrical items, jewellery, pictures and ornaments.

Some universities may offer their students a separate contents insurance scheme. If you live in our student accommodation, please check with your university about this.

How do I get further information?

  • Ask your local housing officer or call our Customer Services team for an application pack.
  • Call Thistle Tenant Risks on 0345 450 7288
  • Complete our insurance call back form online

Alternatively, please visit the for more information or to request a call back.

The National Housing Federation is an Appointed Representative of Thistle Insurance Services Ltd. Thistle Insurance Services Limited is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority FRN 310419. Lloyd’s Broker. Registered in England under No. 00338645. Registered office: Rossington’s Business Park, West Carr Road, Retford, Nottinghamshire, DN22 7SW. Thistle Insurance Services Ltd is part of the PIB Group.