If you were getting Housing Benefit but are going to be getting a Universal Credit payment instead, you need to:
- Open a bank account if you don't have one yet as it will get paid to you directly.
- Get us to set up a direct debit on your account to pay your rent automatically.
- Plan your budget for the month so that you can cover your rent and other essentials.
If you’re moving to Universal Credit, this Money Manager tool from ‘Money Helper’ can help to guide you.
Get help budgeting
The Money Advice Service has hints and tips on budgeting and managing debt. You can call them for free on 0300 500 5000.
We can help you with all of these things.
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Call us on 0800 432 0077 and ask to speak to your tenancy sustainment officer.