If you or someone in your household has a disability or trouble moving around, we can help. We may be able to:

  • Widen doors and install ramps
  • Install a stair lift or banister rails
  • Fit grab rails
  • Make your kitchen and bathroom easier to use

Contact us about what you need

Will I have to pay?

Unfortunately, we can't pay for all adaptations. You may need to apply for a Disabled Facilities Grant from your council or Home Improvement Agency (HIA) to help pay for them.

We can advise you, so please get in touch to discuss it with us or contact your local home improvement agency.

Before you make any adaptations yourself, tell us what you're planning. You'll need to get permission to make changes.

How will you decide what adaptations I need?

Usually we'll ask an occupational therapist to visit you and assess what you need. Their aim is to enable you to live as independently as possible.

We'll give you advice and help while your needs are being assessed, during any work, and afterwards. We want you to receive the best service with as little worry as possible.

For further information, please see our aids and adaptations policy