Yes, you can. This usually happens as part of the selling process, but there may be other times when you want to transfer your lease (or your share of the lease if you're a shared owner).

You'll need to appoint a solicitor and we'll need to agree to the transfer in writing.

The exact document you need from us depends on what your lease says. Some leases ask specifically for a consent to assignment. If your lease doesn't, then you'll need a notice of transfer document from us instead.

To transfer your lease, email

  • Put your address or your tenancy agreement number in the subject line.
  • Include the clause in the lease that tells us you need our agreement (if there is one).
  • Include the new leaseholder's name and address.

Check the admin fee for this service.