Yes, we can.

If your partner, an ex-partner or someone else living in your home is abusing you, being coercive or controlling you in some way, we can support you.

  • If you, or someone else, is at active risk of harm, dial 999 to speak to the police, if it’s safe to do so. 
  • Contact the National Domestic Violence Helpline 24 hours a day, 7 days a week on 0808 200 0247
  • If you can't contact the helpline, speak to your Neighbourhood Officer or an A2Dominion staff member on 0800 432 0077.
  • If you’re in Oxfordshire, call our domestic abuse helpline on 0800 731 0055 (10am - 7pm, Monday to Friday)
  • Find support through your local council - type the name of your local authority followed by ‘domestic abuse’ into your internet search bar. For example, ‘Bromley council domestic abuse’. Search for local support through the women’s aid directory.

There are many specialist services that can help you, which we will work with, and you can access yourself to get the right support for you: 

The Women’s Aid directory contains details of local and regional services with up-to-date information updated regularly by the services themselves, so you’ll be able to find the right local support for you: 
Women’s Aid Directory of Local and Regional Domestic Abuse Services 

How we can support you

We take all reports of domestic abuse seriously and will work with you and partner agencies to safeguard you and your family from the abuse.

We will:

  • Help you access specialist services
  • Provide advice and guidance on your tenancy and housing options
  • Help you report the abuse to the police
  • Support you to get you and other victims of the abuse away from the abuser

Oxfordshire specialist domestic abuse service

We operate a specialist domestic abuse service for anyone living in Oxfordshire. Our specialist team can help you stop the abuse, and we'll do everything we can to keep you and your family safe. You just have to take the first step and tell someone about what's happening. This may be terrifying, but know that:

  • People will believe you
  • You aren't alone
  • It isn't your fault
  • Your children won't be taken away from you just because you've been abused
  • You have the right to feel safe and live free of abuse

Depending on what you want or need, we could:

  • Arrange a secret meeting with a support worker (with an interpreter if you need one)
  • Help you understand what your options are
  • Help you leave your home safely
  • Remove the abuser from your home
  • Repair your home and provide extra security if you need it
  • Work with the police and Social Services if we need to

Don't worry about having nowhere to live when you leave the person abusing you. We can help you:

  • Find a temporary place to stay
  • Find a way for you to stay in your home, or
  • Find a new home

Learn more about our Domestic abuse support team

Not ready to leave or make a report?

If you're thinking about leaving or reporting, but you're not ready or you're not sure, here are some things you can do. They could be useful if you need to leave in a hurry.

  • Keep a diary of the abuse. It can be used as evidence later.
  • Make a safety plan. How will you get out of your home if your partner becomes violent?
  • Arrange to go to a friend or family member you can trust.
  • Include your children in your safety plan and practise it if you think you need to.
  • Gather or make copies of important documents - birth or marriage certificates, bank details, medical cards, National Insurance numbers.
  • Try to save some money and ask someone you trust to keep it for you. Also, ask them to keep some clothes for you and your children.
  • If you need to, get advice from a solicitor about how you would get an injunction (court order) and any child custody issues.

Please try to get some advice on how to leave safely. Besides us, there are many other organisations than can advise and help you.

We are proud to be a member of the Domestic Abuse Housing Alliance (DAHA) and are working towards being accredited. DAHA is a network providing support and guidance towards the response to domestic abuse within the housing sector.