To evict someone, we must go to court to ask a judge for a possession order. Once we have it, we’ll tell you so that you can arrange to move out. If you refuse to move out, we’ll have to forcibly remove you using a court bailiff.

An eviction is very serious. If you're evicted for anti-social behaviour, the local council might not give you another home. Because you chose not to change your behaviour, you will be seen as having chosen to be homeless.

Renting a private home may also be hard as we cannot give you a positive landlord reference.

If you are concerned about losing your home, you should seek legal advice or contact your local Citizens Advice Bureau.