You might need a certificate of compliance when you sell your home. If the Land Registry has a restriction on the property title, this is required to confirm that you've complied with the terms of your lease or freehold transfer.

We may also require you to complete a deed of covenant before we can issue a certificate of compliance. This confirms that you accept the terms of the lease or freehold transfer.

If you need either a certificate of compliance or a deed of covenant, your solicitor will usually ask us for it. If you want a copy yourself, email

You can find the fee to arrange a certificate of compliance or deed of covenant on our fees page.